Selective Syncing From Google Drive to Chromebook
- If you have offline access enabled in Google Drive, all Google Office files (docs, sheets, slides, etc.) are automatically synced. It's all or nothing.
- Any file that you copy from your Chromebook to Google Drive using the Files app, is automatically available offline, and I know of no way to disable this.
- If you use Google Drive to upload a file, it is not automatically available offline, unless you designate it.
- With other types of files, such as images, PDFs, music, etc., you can selectively activate off-line access by right-clicking on the file, as Matt suggests.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 at 6:33:41 PM UTC-4, j415howard wrote:
Thank you powermatt: I opened chrome://drive-internals. There is no button labeled "clear local cache" but there is a button labeled "clear local data" after which are listed values for "Local Changestamp" and "Local Free Space". I clicked it and rebooted. The aforementioned values did not change when I again opened chrome://drive-internals.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.