To help your child learn at home if school’s closed or they have homework, they can log in to and navigate their school account on their school-managed Chromebook.
Connect a school Chromebook
Sign in to the Chromebook
Connect to Wi-Fi
- Connect the Chromebook to the Internet with a compatible Wi-Fi network.
Connect to Bluetooth devices
- You can connect most Chromebooks to accessories like mice, speakers, and headphones. Check if your Chromebook works with Bluetooth.
Customize accessibility features
- You can turn on screen readers, automatic clicks, sticky keys and other accessibility features that work for your needs.
Important: If you can’t use some features or services, like your home Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or screen readers, contact your child’s school or teacher. They may need to allow access outside of school.
Monitor a school account
Supervise a school-managed Chromebook with Family Link
- If a child is on both a school Chromebook and school Google Account, parents can’t add controls.
- When your child uses a school Chromebook, the school may restrict some services, like websites and apps.
Explore the Chromebook
Use Google Classroom
Use the Chromebook offline
- Your child can edit docs and complete work on a school Chromebook even if they’re not on the internet.
Use Microsoft Office apps
- To open and edit Microsoft files, you can use a Microsoft Office online account or use the Chromebook without installing any apps.