Search using the Address Bar (omnibox)
The address bar (sometimes called the "omnibox") not only doubles as a search box, but can also be used to provide you with a lot of other useful information.
Search the web
- Simply type your search term in the address bar and press Enter to see results from your default search engine.
- You can also use it to search specific sites.
Search for bookmarks, browsing history, and related items
When you type in the address bar, it automatically shows you matches from your bookmarks and browsing history.
- appears next to bookmarked sites.
- appears next to searches, including related searches if you have the prediction service turned on.
- appears next to matches from your browsing history, or related sites when you have the prediction service turned on.
Click at the right end of the addresss bar to create a bookmark.
See alerts for the page you're on
- appears next to the address bar if Google Chrome detects the page you're on is properly encrypted for you security.
- appears next to the address bar if Google Chrome cannot verify the security of the page you're visiting.
- appears in the address bar whenever the browser blocks pops-ups. Click the icon to see the pop-ups that have been blocked or to manage pop-up settings for the site.