Chromebooks, Chromebases, and Chromeboxes automatically manage updates so that your device has the latest software and security features. To check your Auto Update Expiration (AUE) date:
- At the bottom right, select the time Settings .
- At the bottom left, select About ChromeOS.
- Select Additional details.
- In the “Update schedule” section, you’ll find when your Chromebook will receive its last update.
Final software update notification
If you get a "Final software update" notification, your device will stop receiving ChromeOS and browser updates. These updates include:
- Security updates, bug fixes, and new features for Chromebooks. Existing features may stop working.
- Support for certain apps and extensions that require specific ChromeOS or browser versions.
Auto Update Expiration policy
Each device has an Auto Update Expiration (AUE) date. We encourage you to check the AUE dates of devices before your purchase.
- Before the AUE date, devices will receive new software updates from Google.
- On and after the AUE date, devices will not receive software updates from Google.
Important: The “End of Sale” date is controlled by the device manufacturer and isn't related to a device’s AUE date.