Customize launcher and shelf
You can adjust how the following items appear on your Chromebook:
Organize launcher and shelfOrganize launcher
- Add apps: Go to the Chrome Web Store .
- Add webpages: Open the webpage and go to the Chrome menu > More tools > Add to shelf > Add.
- Remove apps: Right-click the icon and select Remove from Chrome.
- Scroll through apps: Click the blue bars at the bottom.
- Move apps: Click and hold an app and move it.
- Search for apps: Type the name of your app into the search box.
- Create folders: Click and drag an app on top of another app to bundle them together in a folder. To give the folder a name, click the folder. To remove an app from a folder, click the folder, then click and drag the app out.
When you pin an app, it stays on the shelf until you move or remove it.
- Pin apps: Click the launcher , right-click the app you want to add, and select Pin to Shelf.
- Pin webpages: Open the webpage and go to the Chrome menu > More tools > Add to shelf > Add.
- Unpin apps: Right-click the icon and select Unpin.
- Move apps: Click and hold an icon and move it to adjust its position in the shelf.
Move or hide your shelfMove your shelf
To change the position of your shelf:
- If you haven't already, sign in to your Chromebook.
- Right-click your shelf.
- Under "Shelf position," select from the available options to display the shelf on the bottom (default), or the left or right edges of your screen.
To hide the shelf and the status area automatically, right-click your shelf and select Autohide shelf.
To see the shelf and status area when they're hidden, move the pointer over that side of the screen.
To stop hiding the shelf automatically, right-click the shelf and select Autohide shelf to deselect it.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.