Play saved music and videos
Play a music file or video
You can play saved music and videos on your Chromebook with its built-in player.
To play a saved file:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click the launcher .
- Select Files .
- Double-click a file to open it in the media player.
Control the media player
Once you've opened a file in the media player, you can:
- Play or pause by clicking or
- Scan forward or backward by sliding the progress bar right or left
- See your whole playlist by clicking
- Skip backwards or forwards for audio files by clicking or
You can adjust volume and audio output source (like headphones or speakers) from the status area, where your account picture appears.
Your Chromebook will automatically put all your audio files that are in the same folder in a playlist. To see all the files in the list, click the playlist icon .
Discuss with other Chromies in Chromebook Central.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.