Sync your information
Sync Chrome data across devices
When you're signed in to Chrome on different devices, you can sync bookmarks, history, passwords, and other information across them. Learn how to sign in to Chrome.
To help keep your data safe:
- Only sign in to Chrome from trusted computers.
- Don't sign in to Chrome on a public computer.
Choose what to sync
- Sign in to Google Chrome from a trusted computer.
- At the top right, click the icon you see: Menu or More .
- Click Settings.
- Under "Sign in," click Advanced sync settings.
- Choose the information you want to sync:
- To sync all data, click the Down arrow Sync everything.
- To choose what gets synced, click the Down arrow Choose what to sync. Then check the boxes you want.
- Under "Encryption options," you can choose how to protect your information:
- Encrypt synced passwords with your Google credentials means that any synced passwords will be kept secure by Google with your Google credentials.
- Encrypt all synced data with your own sync passphrase means that no one can read your encrypted data unless they know the passphrase.
- Click OK.
On a Chromebook? Learn how to sync information across Chromebooks.
Casey is a Chromebook expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.