Why sign in to Chrome
When you're signed in to Chrome on different devices, you can choose what information will sync across them -- such as your apps, bookmarks, history, and extensions.
To learn how to customize your sync settings, select your device below:Computer
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu .
- Select Settings.
- Under "Sign in," click the button Advanced sync settings.
- In the drop-down menu, select how much information you want to sync. You have two options:
- Sync everything: All of the information in the checkboxes will sync.
- Choose what to sync: Mark the information you want to sync with checkboxes.
- Under "Encryption options," choose one of the following:
- Encrypt synced passwords with your Google credentials: This option is selected by default. It means any synced passwords will be kept secure by your Google Account.
- Encrypt all synced data with your own sync passphrase: Choose this option to protect all your synced data with a sync passphrase.
- If you created a sync passphrase, you may be asked to provide it. (Forget your passphrase? You’ll need to reset sync.)
- Click OK.
Learn how to customize sync settings on a ChromebookAndroid device
- Open the Chrome menu.
It could be an icon or a button on your phone. They look like or .
- Touch Settings.
- At the top, touch your account name.
- Touch the account you're signed in to again.
- Use the blue slider at the top of the screen to turn Sync ON.
- If you don't want to sync everything, deselect the Sync everything checkbox. Then choose the data you'd like to sync.
- Touch Encryption to choose whether to use your Google Account password or a custom passphrase to protect your data.
- Touch the Chrome menu .
- Touch Settings.
- Touch your account name.
- Touch Sync.
- Switch the Sync slider ON.
- Choose the amount of information you want to sync:
- To sync all data, switch the Sync Everything slider ON.
- To choose what gets synced, switch the Sync Everything slider OFF, then choose ON or OFF for each type of information.
- Touch Done.