How to install extensions
- Visit the store at http://chrome.google.com/webstore. You can also reach it by clicking the icon in the “Apps” section of the New Tab page.
- Browse or search for the extension you’d like to install.
- On the extension’s details page, click the Add to Chrome button.
- A dialog appears, letting you know about the types of data that the extension will be able to access. Click Add in the dialog to grant the extension access to the data described. Learn more about the different types of data that extensions may access.
The extension installs and loads automatically, so you can start using it right away.
Using a Chrome device at work or school? Your network administrator might block certain extensions, in which case you won't be able to install them. Learn about using a managed Chrome device
Watch a video
- Manage your extensions on the Extensions page. Learn more about managing extensions
- Sync your extensions: Sign in to Google Chrome to save your extensions to your Google Account. This way, you can easily access them no matter what computer you’re using.
- Uninstall extensions using the Extensions page. Learn more about uninstalling extensions.
Anyone can upload items to the Chrome Web Store, so you should only install items created by people you trust. Check the item’s ratings and reviews to determine if it’s trustworthy.