You can find apps, extensions, and browser themes for the Google Chrome browser in the Chrome Web Store. With these additions, you can do more with Chrome.
Get more done with apps for Chrome
You can use apps to create documents, edit photos, play games, listen to music, and more.
There are two types of apps:
- Apps that work like regular websites (For example, Gmail or Google Calendar).
- Apps that work like software programs on your desktop, relying on certain features of Chrome (For example, Google Keep).
Here are some benefits of using apps:
- Apps install quickly, without restarting your computer or browser.
- Your apps are always available when you sync apps across multiple computers.
- Apps are always up-to-date because they are hosted on the web.
- Apps won’t crash your computer. If you have trouble with an app, close its tab.
- You can easily find and open the app using app launcher.
Add extensions to Google Chrome to make the webpages you visit more useful to you.
Here are a few benefits of using extensions:
- You can use them to add new features to existing web apps.
- You get relevant links and information on pages.
- You get timely notifications about certain events.
- You can use them as shortcuts when they appear on your address bar.
Learn how Chrome Web Store can help you get things done.
Web apps and the Chrome Web Store
AppsChrome Web Store - What's a web app?
Looking for another language? Select video captions in your language.
Chrome Web Store availability
You can install free items from the Chrome Web Store. To pay for apps, extensions or browser themes, you need a Google Payments account. Check if Google Payments is available in your country.
The Chrome Web Store will show available items based on your Chrome browser language and location.
To see featured content and paid items in local currency, click Settings . Click your language and country.