Download a file
To save a file or image on your computer or device, download it. The file will be saved in your default download location.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Go to the webpage where you want to download a file.
- Touch and hold what you want to download.
- In the menu that appears, tap Save link or Save image.
- If your file doesn't download and automatically open in Chrome, finish the download manually:
- In the screen that opens, at the bottom right, tap Download.
- After the download finishes, tap Open In.
- Choose to open the file in Google Drive or another app.
You can cancel a download that's in progress, but you can't pause a download.
Note: On iPhones and iPads, you can’t get a list of the files you’ve already downloaded.
Jess is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.