Get predictions in the address bar
When you type in the address bar, Google Chrome can use your search engine to help you complete the web addresses and search terms you're looking for.
Remove specific predictions
If you don't want a particular prediction from your history to appear in the address bar, you can delete it from your Android phone or tablet.
- On your Android device, open the Chrome app .
- Start typing the suggestion you want to remove.
- Press and hold the result.
- In the box that pops up, tap OK.
Turn off predictions
If you don't want predictions from your search engine to appear in the address bar on your Android device, you can turn them off.
- Open the Google Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Check the box next to "Search and URL suggestions."
Remove matches from your browsing history and bookmarks
The address bar also shows matches from your browsing history and your bookmarks. Even if you turn off predictions, matches from your browsing history and your bookmarks will still appear in your search bar.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.