If you make Chrome your default browser, links you click will open automatically in Chrome whenever possible.
In some countries, you may be asked to choose your default browser. You can change your default browser anytime.
Set Chrome as your default web browser
Important: Make sure you have Google Chrome downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad. Download Chrome for iPhones and iPads.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app.
- Tap More Settings .
- Tap Default browser.
- Tap Open Chrome settings Default browser app.
- Set Chrome as your Default browser app.
- To make Chrome your default browser, you must have iOS 14 and up.
- If you don't find the option to change your default browser, update to the latest version of Chrome.
- Learn how to open Chrome quickly on your phone or tablet.