Chrome has many features that you can use, like Chrome Sync or Safe Browsing. You can change which Chrome features that you use at any time.
You can use Chrome and Google Account settings to choose the privacy settings that are right for you. Learn more about how to choose your privacy settings in Chrome.
You can make your browsing experience better when you sync and personalise Chrome. You can customise your settings to make pages open faster, allow Chrome to auto-complete your searches, and get your Chrome info on all your devices.
About other Google services
You can choose which services you want to keep:
- Allow Chrome sign-in: On an Android device, you can choose a Google Account that’s already signed in to your Android device to sign into Chrome. When this service is turned off, Chrome doesn’t prompt you to sign in. Learn more about how to sign out of Chrome.
- Auto-complete searches and URLs: if Google is your default search engine, Chrome may send the text that you type in the address bar to Google to get suggested search terms. These suggestions are based on related web searches, your browsing history and popular websites.
- Help improve Chrome security: Chrome will periodically send some system information and page content to Google so that we know about any threats that you encounter. Chrome will also send this data any time that you visit a suspicious site. Learn more about what data helps Chrome to get better at blocking bad downloads and detecting malware.
- Touch to search: when you highlight words in Chrome, you'll see search results about the highlighted words at the bottom of the page.
- Warn you if passwords are exposed in a data breach: you may get an alert from Chrome if you use a password and username combination that has been compromised in a data leak on a third-party website or app.
- Learn how we treat your information in our Privacy Notice.
- If you're using a Chromebook at work or school, your network administrator might apply some of these privacy settings for you, in which case you can't change them yourself. For more information, contact your administrator.