Increase security with site isolation
When you turn on site isolation, Chrome offers more security protections for your browser.
Chrome will load each website in its own process. So, even if a site bypasses the same-origin policy, the extra security will help stop the site from stealing your data from another website. Learn more about site isolation.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the address bar at the top, enter
chrome://flags/#enable-site-per-processand press Enter.
- Next to 'Strict site isolation', click Enable.
- If you don't see 'Strict site isolation', update Chrome.
- Click Relaunch now.
- Memory: Site isolation will increase Chrome's memory use by approximately 10%.
- DevTools: Chrome Developer Tools don't fully support cross-site iframes with site isolation.