Chrome lets you connect a website to your Bluetooth and USB devices. For example, if you have a Bluetooth-enabled heart monitor, you can let a website connect to it. Then, the page can record and show information about the monitor.
When to give access to your device
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site Settings USB devices.
- Choose the option you want as your default setting.
Pair a webpage in Chrome with your device
- Connect your devices.
- Bluetooth device: On your computer or phone, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. On the Bluetooth device, turn on "discoverable" mode.
- USB device: Connect your devices using a USB cable.
- In Chrome, open a webpage that can connect to your device.
- Click or tap the page. You'll be asked to add a device.
- Choose a device from the list.
- Choose Pair or Connect.
Troubleshoot Bluetooth pairing problems
If the site can't find your device, click Search again.
If the site can't find your device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on for your computer:
When both devices have Bluetooth turned on, click Re-scan.
Tip: If you're on a Windows computer and still can't connect to Bluetooth, you may need to change your privacy settings to allow apps to control device radios. To learn more about system settings, go to the Microsoft help center.
Remove devices connected with Chrome
Bluetooth devices: To remove a website's access to your Bluetooth devices, at the top left, tap Reload .
USB devices: To remove a website's access to your USB devices, follow these steps:
- To the left of the web address, click Lock .
- Next to the USB device, click Remove .