Open Chrome quickly on iPhone or iPad
You can get to Chrome faster when you add shortcuts in the Today view or add Chrome to your iPhone's dock.
Add Chrome to the Today view
- On the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, swipe right until you see a list of widgets.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
- Under 'More widgets', to the left of Chrome – Quick Actions, tap Add .
- In the top-right, tap Done. You should see Chrome shortcuts in the Today view.
Add Chrome to your iPhone's dock
After installing Chrome on your iPhone or iPad, find and open it more easily by adding it to your dock:
- Make space by touching and holding an app on the dock.
- Drag the app up, and release it on your home screen.
- Touch and hold the Chrome app .
- Drag the Chrome app down, and release it on your dock.
- Press the Home button.
If you're on iPhone 6s or later, you can press deeply on the Chrome app to initiate a new voice search, open a new tab, scan a QR code or access your most visited sites.
Jess is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.