Use your camera and microphone
You can use your camera and microphone for sites in Chrome, such as Google Hangouts or Skype.
- Open Chrome .
- Go to a site that wants to use your microphone and camera.
- When prompted, choose Allow or Block.
The permission you choose changes what sites can do with your camera and mic:
- Allowed sites:
- Sites can start to record when you're on the site. If you're in a different Chrome tab or a different app, a site can't start recording.
- If you lock your phone screen, the site will stop using your camera. It can still use your mic.
- Blocked sites: Some sites won't work if you block them. For example, you won't be able to join a video conference.
- Open Chrome .
- At the top-right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click Content settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Turn Ask before accessing on or off.
To remove an existing exception or permission, to the left of the site, click Delete .
If you're using a Chrome device at work or school, your network administrator can set the camera and microphone settings for you. In that case, you can't change them here. Learn about using a managed Chrome device.
If you visit a site using Adobe Flash Player, it can also ask to use your microphone and camera.
You can Allow or Deny Flash's use of your camera and microphone.
- Microphone : Choose which microphone to use and adjust the volume.
- Camera : Choose which camera to use.
If you're using a Chrome device at work or school, your network administrator can set camera and microphone settings for you. In that case, you can't change them here. Learn about using a managed Chrome device.
If your microphone isn’t working, try these steps:
Step 1: Make sure that you aren't muted
If you’re using a headset, make sure that the mute switch on the cable is off. Also, make sure that you aren't muted on the website (such as Google Hangouts or Skype).
Step 2: Check your system settings
If you're on a computer, make sure that your microphone is the default recording device, and that recording levels are correct:
Step 3: Contact your manufacturer
If you’re still having problems, contact your microphone’s manufacturer.
Megan is a Google Chrome expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.