Sync tabs across devices
Do you email links to yourself all the time, so you can open them up on another computer? When you’re signed in to Chrome, you can see the tabs you have open from other computers or mobile devices with Chrome for Android or iOS.
Enable tab syncingSigning in to Chrome: Tab Sync
Chrome syncs your tabs across all your devices.
Sign in to Chrome using the same Google Account on the devices you want to sync. Then check your sync settings on each device:
- On Windows, Mac, Linux, or Chrome devices
- Go to the Chrome menu > Settings.
- Click Advanced sync settings and make sure the “Open Tabs” checkbox is selected. Note: To disable tab syncing, deselect the “Open Tabs” checkbox.
- On Chrome for Android
- Touch Chrome Menu > Settings > your email address.
- Touch Sync and make sure the “Open tabs” checkbox is selected. Note: To disable tab syncing, deselect the “Open tabs” checkbox.
- On Chrome for iOS
- Touch Chrome Menu > Settings > your email address > Advanced.
- Slide the "Sync Everything" switch to On. If you don't want to sync everything, slide the switch to OFF and choose the data you want to sync, specifically "Open Tabs". Note: To disable tab syncing, slide the "Open Tabs" switch to Off.
Access open tabs on other devices
You can access any open tabs from other synced devices.
- Go to the Chrome menu .
- Click Recent Tabs.
- Click the tab you want to open from a device listed.
- Learn about signing in to Chrome.
- Visit Google Play to download Chrome for Android.
- Visit Apple App Store to download Chrome for iOS.
Discuss with other Chromies in Chromebook Central.