You can control your history and other browsing data, such as saved form entries.
Delete all your data or just some from a specific time
What happens to your info
- Browsing history: Clearing your browsing history deletes the following:
- Web addresses that you've visited are removed from the History page.
- Shortcuts to those pages are removed from the New Tab page.
- Address bar predictions for those websites are no longer shown.
- Cookies and site data
- Cookies: Cookies are files created by websites that you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information.
- Site data: HTML5-enabled storage types including application caches, web storage data, web SQL database data and indexed database data.
- Media licences: Licences for HTML5 protected content, such as films or music that you’ve played or downloaded, are deleted.
- Cached images and files: Chrome remembers parts of pages to help them open faster during your next visit. Text and images from pages that you've visited in Chrome are removed.
The 'Advanced' section includes the basic data types, plus the following:
- Saved passwords: Records of passwords that you saved are deleted.
- AutoFill form data: Your AutoFill entries are deleted, including addresses and credit cards. Cards from your Google Pay account aren't deleted.
There are other types of data that are related to your behaviour online. These other types of data can be deleted separately:
- Search history and other Google activity: Searches and other activity on Google services are saved to your Google Account. Learn how to delete Google activity.
If you're giving away your device, remember to delete your browsing data and then sign out of Chrome.
Delete your browsing data
If you sync a type of data, deleting it on your Android device will delete it everywhere that it's synced. It'll be removed from other devices and your Google Account.
- On your Android device, open Chrome .
- Tap More Settings.
- Tap Privacy and security Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, like Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information that you want to remove.
- Tap Clear data.
Delete individual items
Instead of deleting entire categories of your browsing data, you can pick items to delete:
Delete from one device
Deleting info from a device will delete it everywhere that it's synced. To delete the data from one device without removing it everywhere:
- Turn off sync on the device.
- Delete the data from the device.