Extensions are extra features and functionality that you can easily add to Google Chrome. By using extensions, you can customize Google Chrome with features you like, while keeping your browser free of things that you don't use.
Here are a few reasons why we like extensions:
- Get bonus information about a page.
Extensions can enhance the page you’re on with relevant links and information. For instance, using the Select to get maps extension, highlight an address on the page to get instant directions and map links.
- Get timely notifications.
Some extensions add buttons next to the address bar to let you know about certain events. For instance, use Google Mail Checker to get alerts about new emails.
- Do things with fewer clicks.
Some extensions act like shortcuts. For example, if you use a feed reader, the RSS Subscription Extension lets you know if there's a feed for the site you're on. Click the small icon that appears in the address bar to quickly subscribe to the feed.
- Visit the Extensions section in the Chrome Web Store at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions to find interesting extensions. Once you find something you like, install it to try it out.
- See if the Chrome Web Store is available in your location.
Looking for another language? Select video captions in your language.