If Google Chrome crashes, freezes, or won’t start at all, you might see one of these messages:
- Proxy error in Google Chrome:
- This webpage is not available:
If a specific page won't work, you can try to fix page loading problems.
First: Try these common Chrome crash fixes
Your iPhone or iPad may have run out of memory, and can't load the site while also running your apps and programs.
To free up memory:
- Close every tab except for the one that’s showing the error message.
- Quit other apps or programs that are running.
- Pause any app or file downloads.
On the erroring tab, try reloading.
- Press the Home button twice.
- Swipe on the Chrome window to close.
Programs or apps sometimes get in the way of a page loading correctly.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Try loading the page again.
Next: Troubleshoot Chrome crash problems
To figure out whether this is a problem with the webpage or with Chrome, try opening the page in another browser. For example, try using Firefox or Safari to load the page.
If it works in another browser, try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. There could be something wrong with your Chrome profile that's causing problems.
If it doesn't work in another browser, it could be a problem with your network or the website itself. Learn more below.
If the page didn't load in another browser, it could be a problem with your network or the website itself.
First, try restarting your modem and router.
If this doesn't work, contact the website owner and let them know you've been having problems loading the webpage.