Google Chrome won't open at all
If Chrome doesn’t start, open, or launch, try these troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue:
- Try restarting your computer.
- Check to see if your antivirus or firewall programs on your computer are causing the problem by turning them off temporarily. If you can open Google Chrome when the firewall is off, you may need to create an exception in your antivirus or firewall settings.
- Download Chrome Canary (a future version of Chrome) and see if you can launch Chrome properly.
- Windows users: If Chrome only launches after you have restarted your computer, open your Task Manager before before launching Chrome again, and make sure you’ve exited out of every instance of Chrome.
- Uninstall any recent programs, especially programs with names you do not recognize. Some malicious programs may intentionally cause conflicts in Chrome. Windows users: Try the Chrome Cleanup Tool.
- Create a new user profile.
Still not working? Post a question in the Chrome Help Forum.