You can allow websites to temporarily save data on your device to make your experience on their website better. This is called “on-device site data,” and when turned on, it helps websites do things like keep your shopping cart active when you leave.
You can choose how a website saves data on your device:
- Allow sites to save data on your device: Sites are more likely to work as you expect.
- Delete data sites have saved to your device when you close all windows: Sites will probably work as you expect but are less likely to remember you from one visit to the next.
- Don’t allow sites to save data on your device (not recommended): Sites may not work as you expect. Choose this option if you don’t want to leave information on your device about sites you visit.
Set on-device site data on your device
- On your Android device, open Chrome .
- To the right of the address bar, tap More Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Site settings On-device site data.
- Turn On-device site data on or off.