Google Chrome has a built-in PDF viewer enabled by default. When you click a PDF link on the web, the file opens directly in your browser window. The following controls are available in the lower-right area of the browser window:
|Fit page||Fit width||Zoom out||Zoom in||Save|
See additional tips on viewing your PDF document
- Save the PDF
In addition to clicking the button, you can save your PDF in the following ways:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S.
- Right-click the PDF and select Save as.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Save page as.
- Print your PDF
In addition to clicking the button you can print your PDF in the following ways:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+P.
- Right-click the PDF and select Print.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Print.
- Fill in forms
Form fields are highlighted in light blue. Click a form field to type. Press Tab to jump to the next field.
- Search your PDF
Press Ctrl+F to search the text in your PDF. Matches to your search terms will be highlighted.
- Disable the PDF viewer
To disable the built-in viewer, enter
chrome:pluginsin the address bar and click Disable underneath the entry for “Chrome PDF Viewer.” The Adobe Reader plug-in will automatically be enabled, if you have it installed.
If you don't see the control buttons, move your cursor to the lower-right corner of the browser window to activate the buttons.