The Chrome Browser for the enterprise bundle includes a sample property list (.plist) file that you can customize to define policy settings. You then convert this file to a configuration profile that can be deployed to your user's devices.
Create a configuration profile
- Download the Chrome Browser bundle for Windows zip file. This file contains both Windows and Mac configuration files.
- Open the bundle and go to the Configuration folder.
- Make a copy of the com.google.Chrome.plist file.
This MCX .plist (property list) example file contains a sub-set of policies that you can customize for your deployment.
- Open the .plist file in your preferred editor.
You can edit the file with any text editor. It's usually easier to edit a .plist file using an editing tool that formats the XML code for you, such as Xcode, which is available for free from the Apple developer website.
- Make your required changes and save the file.
- Convert your com.google.Chrome.plist file to a configuration profile using your preferred conversion tool, such as mcxToProfile on github.
For example, to use mcxToProfile to convert your file to a configuration profile, enter mcxToProfile.py --plist com.google.Chrome --identifier com.google.Chrome.
The output from this command is an installable configuration profile named