App Packs for Business
This article is for IT administrators using Chrome and Chrome devices for Business. Education customers should see Chrome App Packs for Education.
Many businesses want to pre-install or recommend Chrome web apps on their employees’ devices. However, given the thousands of Chrome web apps available, it's not always apparent which ones are the best for your business. Google has created Chrome App Packs, which are groups of popular applications from the Chrome Web Store that are tailored to meet your users’ needs. Many of these apps integrate with Google Drive and integrate with your existing tools.
You can access the App Packs from the Admin console by going to Settings > Chrome Management > User settings > Pre-installed Apps and Extensions > Manage pre-installed apps.
App Packs for Business are only available for Google Apps for Business customers. When you pre-install these apps on your users' managed Chrome devices, your users will see them when they sign in to their Chrome devices. Also, if your users are using Chrome on a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, they will see these apps when they sign in to Chrome with their Google Apps account on that device.
Chrome web apps included in App Packs
Create and share content (Docs, sheets, presentations, note taking, content sharing)
Get things done (Project management, task management)
Connect with people (Conferencing, CRM, customer support, contact management)
Manage finance (Accounting, invoicing and billing, expense tracking)
How much do they cost?
All of the apps are free to try. Many offer services free of charge with options to upgrade to premium services or advanced features.
How to Install Apps and App Packs
- Free: Follow these steps to pre-install a free app to your users' Chrome devices. Instead of pre-installing these apps, you can also recommend them in your Chrome Web Store private collection.
- Freemium: These apps are provided free of charge, but a premium is charged for advanced features. The steps to pre-install, and/or recommend the apps are the same as free apps. If you want your users to access the advanced functionality of the app, purchase the app directly from the app vendor.
You can pre-install apps on your users' managed Chrome devices so that they see the apps from their apps list when they're signed in to their Chrome devices.
Follow these steps to pre-install apps:
- Sign in to the Admin console.
- Go to Settings > ChromeManagement > User Settings.
- Click on Manage pre-installed apps.
- In the Manage pre-installed apps dialog box that appears, select the extensions or applications you want to pre-install.