Chrome Browser 91 and later
Applies to managed Chrome Browsers on Windows and Mac.
As an admin, you can use your Google Admin console to remotely send actions to managed Chrome Browsers. For example, you can delete browser cache or cookies.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome.
- Click Managed browsers.
- In the list of managed browsers, click the machine name.
- Go to Browsers & profiles.
- Click the path.
- Find the profile name that you want to remotely send actions to.
- Click Actions.
- Choose an option:
- Clear cache—Delete browser cache.
- Clear cookies—Delete cookies (except Google Services)
- Clear cache and cookies—Delete browser cache and cookies (except Google Services)
Within 30 seconds, the remote command is sent to the browser and carried out. Poor network performance might delay the command being sent. Sometimes, users might have to refresh a webpage for it to work again.
If the machine is not connected to the internet, the command expires in 10 minutes. Subsequent commands fail until the browser tries to connect to the server again. Most of the time, remote commands should complete in less than 10 seconds.