As an admin, you can automatically install (force-install) login screen apps for users in your organization.
To protect your Chrome users' privacy and data security, Google controls which apps and extensions you can force-install on the login screen. Only those that are absolutely necessary for Chrome OS sign-in are allowed.
For example, you can force-install smart card apps on the login screen, deploy and configure them. Users can then sign-in using smart cards on their managed Chrome devices. See Set up sign in using smart cards on managed Chrome devices.
To deploy smart cards on managed devices across your organization, see Deploy Smart Cards on Chrome OS. You can also install smart card apps on your personal, unmanaged device. For more details, see Use Smart Cards on Chrome OS.
Force install login screen apps
Can apply for Chrome OS devices.
These steps assume you're familiar with making Chrome settings in your Admin console.
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome.
- On the left, click SettingsDevice.
- Under Sign-in settings, follow the link to the login screen apps page.
- To apply the setting to all devices, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Go to the app that you want to automatically install.
- Under Installation policy, choose Force install.
- Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.