If you find a room abusive in Google Chat, you can block and report the room. If you unblock a room, you can only rejoin if you see Can join in Browse rooms.
When you block a room:
- You don't get any more updates from the room.
- Your older posts in the room are still visible to other room members.
- You won't see the room in the list of joined rooms or if you browse or search for rooms.
- If you were invited to the room, the other members of the room still see you as an invited member.
If you're re-invited to a blocked room:
- You appear as an invited member, but aren’t notified or added to the room.
- The inviter or other room members won't know that you blocked the room.
If you’re removed from a room that you blocked and re-invited, the inviter and room members will see an error message saying that they can’t add you with a link to a Help Centre article.
Note: Blocked users can't add you to a room, and you can't add blocked users to a room.
Block a room
- Sign in to Chat or Gmail.
- On the left, under Rooms, click the room.
- Choose an option:
- In Chat, point to the room name and click MoreBlock room.
- In Gmail, click the room and at the top, click the Down arrow click Block and report.
If the room is in your organisation, this option is Block.
- (Optional) To report this room as spam or for abuse, tick the Report this room as spam or abuse box. You can only do this for external rooms.
- Click Block.
Unblock a room
- Sign in to Chat.
- At the top, click Settings Settings.
- Click Manage blocked rooms.
- Select the room.
- Click Unblock.