If you don't want to chat with someone in Google Chat, you can block them. You can block direct messages, but you can't block people in group messages or in rooms.
When you block someone:
- If the person you blocked is in your organization, they can still see when you're online.
- The person you blocked can see that they can't send you messages. To send a message, you need to unblock them.
- You and the person you blocked can’t edit any old messages to one another.
- The person is also blocked in certain other Google services.
- Links or attachments the person sent before you blocked them are still active.
- If you report someone for abuse, a copy of the last 10 messages of your conversation is sent to Google for review.
Block someone in Chat or Gmail
- Sign in to Chat or Gmail.
- At the bottom, under Chat, point to someone’s name and click MoreBlock & Report .
If the person is in your organization, this option is Block.
- (Optional) To report the person for abuse, check the Also report box. You can only do this for people outside of your organization.
- Click Block to confirm.