When you add a new customer for a paid service such as G Suite, you can offer a 30-day free trial for the service if customer qualifies. For online customers:
- One trial period is offered per customer.
- If the customer doesn't qualify, the trial option isn't available in the console.
Qualifications for a free trial
- New customers
- Customer accounts in a direct free trial when transferred to your reseller account.
Accounts that don’t qualify
- Direct customers whose accounts aren’t currently in a trial
- Direct and reseller customers who canceled a trial
- Customers who contractually use offline order placement
Convert a trial to a paid subscription
During the trial, you can set up a payment plan to convert your customer's subscription to a Google account. If you don’t set up a billing and payment plan within 30 days, the trial account is suspended until you set up billing.
Note: To convert a trial customer who has multiple services, you must be able to resell all of those services. For example, so a customers can transfer both their G Suite and Drive storage subscriptions to you.
- Sign in to the Channel Services console.
- On the Customers page, click the customer name.
- Select the customer's subscription.
- To end a subscription's trial period, click Start a paid subscription.
To start a paid subscription after the free trial period expired (payment plan is listed as "Grace plan"), click Set up billing.
Transfer a trial customer to Google
If your customer doesn’t want to convert to a paid account, you can transfer their account to Google, which gives them the opportunity to enter another 30-day trial period.