The Channel Services console is designed for resellers of Google Cloud products. Use the console to add customers, manage accounts, create orders, and other key tasks for reselling.
Sign in to the Channel Services console
Go to the Channel Services console at channelservices.cloud.google.com.
Available on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
Sign in with your partner username and password.
Console feature map
Create a customer
You can create a customer account without immediately placing an order. For example, create a customer's account now, and later when the customer is ready, you can order their Google Workspace free trial.
Update customer account information
When a customer updates account information in their Admin console, for example, changing their primary domain, the updates aren't synced to your Channel Services console. You need to update the customer's account information in your Channel Services console. To stay up-to-date, remind customers to notify you when they change their domain name, administrator, or contact information.
To accept a transfer, first add the customer to your account and token.
Ordering and managing subscriptions
- You can order Google Workspace subscriptions, G Suite subscriptions (for limited period), Education edition, Enterprise for Education edition, Chrome Enterprise Upgrade, Cloud Identity Premium, Google Voice, Drive Storage, Vault, and Archive Users.
- You can accept Google proposal (EZ Deals). When an order submitted in the Partner Sales Tool is approved, it's available as a Pending Proposal.
- Filter: Click to filter by renewal date and subscription type or status. You can also save your favorite filters.
- Search by customer: Searches both the name and domain of customers.
- Sort: Click the name of column (for example Renewal Date) to sort the table.
- Renewal date: Shows the subscription with the earliest renewal date. Uses UTC time zone. (-7 PDT and -4 EDT).
- Subscriptions: Shows a customer's subscriptions and status.
- Download customers: Available only to your super admins
The Customers list has new descriptions for a subscription's status.
|Status||What this means|
Subscription expired without renewal
|<empty>||Customer has no subscriptions|
To view the reason for a suspension, click the customer name and then the suspended subscription.
Update a subscription
Click a subscription to view and change payment plans, licenses, renewal settings, and status.
The pricing shown is based on your reseller pricing for the current month or year (for annual contracts).