Fix Cardboard problems
If your screen doesn't display properly in the Cardboard viewer:
- Check the position of the phone in the viewer. The center line on the app screen should line up with the center of the viewer.
- Check the configuration. Make sure your phone is configured for the viewer you're using.
- Check compatibility. Make sure your smartphone works with Cardboard.
I don't see my phone screen
If your phone screen is black or you can't see the Google Cardboard app:
- Close the Google Cardboard app .
- Open the Google Cardboard app .
- If you're still having trouble, close the app and reopen it again.
I'm having trouble seeing images through my viewer
First make sure you have the correct viewer profile:
- From the Google Cardboard app, tap Settings > Google Cardboard.
If you're still having trouble after you've verified your viewer profile:
- Make sure you're using an approved app. Take the phone out of the viewer to look for these items on your screen:
- At the bottom, there is a Settings icon .
- In the center, there is a vertical line.
- If you can see the vertical line while using the viewer: slide your phone left or right until the line disappears.
- Turn up the brightness on your phone screen.
- To focus better:
- After your phone is properly set up inside the viewer, look at an object that is far away.
- Close your eyes and bring the viewer up to your face.
My phone is too large or small for the viewer
- Use both hands to hold the phone more firmly inside the Cardboard viewer.
- Remove the case if you have one on your phone.
My phone keeps going to the home screen
- Close and reopen the Google Cardboard app .
- When you close the flap over your phone, don't close it too tightly. If you push too hard, the flap could press the phone's "home" button.
My phone is frozen
Restart your phone. Then, open the Google Cardboard app again.
The button doesn't work
If you have a button at the top of your viewer:
- With your phone out of the viewer, close the flap that holds your phone.
- Look into the viewer and find the tab that is meant to touch the phone screen.
- Press and release the viewer button. Make sure that the tab is:
- Moving back and forth.
- Not pushed forward so that it is in constant contact with the phone screen.
- Not stuck in a forward position.
If the button still doesn't work, contact the manufacturer.