Get started with Cardboard
Understand phone requirements and compatibility
- Cardboard on an Android phone requires version 4.1 or higher.
- Cardboard on an iPhone requires version 8.0 or higher.
Not all viewers work with every phone. If you see a device incompatible message, you may not have a device with a gyroscope included. To see whether your phone will work with a specific Cardboard viewer, check the viewer's website.
Visit the Get Cardboard page to order a Cardboard viewer or learn to create your own.
Download the Google Cardboard app
Set up Cardboard
Open the Google Cardboard app and follow the setup instructions.
- Scan the QR code on the Cardboard viewer using your phone's camera.
- Remove the viewer from the sleeve and open the top flap.
- Take out the side flaps. Pull the flaps up and press against the fasteners on the sides of the viewer.
- Put your phone inside the Cardboard viewer and look through the viewfinder to continue.