These are the methods available for tracking an app install / conversion campaign in Campaign Manager 360:
- Good for advertisers who prefer Google's easy to use app development and tracking platform.
- Track first-opens and post install interactions of your Android & iOS app.
- After setup, changes to your app's code aren't necessary.
Floodlight GET/S2S request
- Good for advertisers who already manage a lot of data or don't want third-party code in their apps.
- Also good for when advertisers already have a server setup that processes GET requests.
- Supports Android and iOS apps.
- Setup requires writing code to build your own custom app tracking solution.
More about Floodlight GET requests (see "Fire Floodlight tags when tracking app installs or activities" section)
- Good for advertisers that already integrate with a third-party solution.
- Track first-opens and post install interactions of your Android or iOS app.
- Third-party trackers support many different tags, remarketing lists, and cross device tracking.
- Requires third-party tracker to Campaign Manager 360 endpoint integration.
|Supported apps||Android & iOS||Android & iOS||Android & iOS|
|Marketer benefits||Good tracking coverage||App changes unnecessary||May already have third-party setup|
|Developer benefits||Code changes are unnecessary after setup||No third-party code in your app||Easier for those who already use third-party trackers|
|app Install tracking||At first-open||At first-open||At first-open|
|Post-install events support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Custom vars support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Remarketing lists support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|App code change required?||Yes, one time setup||Yes, one time setup||No, if using third-party|
Post-Install - Any event that takes place within an app after it has been opened. Examples include in-app purchases, user registration, and user login.
SDK - Software development kit.
S2S - Server to server.