You can monitor the type of content your ads serve near with digital content label. The classification system works similar to movie ratings, such as PG, PG-13, and R. Websites, videos, and mobile apps are classified according to content type. Digital content labels are standardized across all Google advertising products, including Google Marketing Platform, YouTube, GDN and AdMob.
Types of digital content labels
Campaign Manager 360 and Display & Video 360 classify websites into the following digital content labels:
- DL-G: Content suitable for general audiences.
- DL-Y: Content suitable for families.
- DL-PG: Content suitable for most audiences with parental guidance.
- DL-T: Content suitable for teen and older audiences.
- DL-MA: Content suitable only for mature audiences.
- Not yet labeled: Content that has not been labeled.
You can also target inventory in Display & Video 360 by digital content label. Learn more about brand safety targeting.
Edit the digital content label setting
- In your Campaign Manager 360 account, go to the Verification page.
- Click Account settings.
- Click Blocked sensitive categories to open the section.
- Select the digital content labels that you want to flag.
- Click Apply.
Note that selected digital content labels are used by ad blocking to prevent your ads from serving near content that you flagged. Ads will be blocked only if ad blocking is enabled. Learn more about ad blocking.