Audience lists enable you to create lists of users who have performed specific actions on a site, then target ads to members of those lists. For example, you could insert a Floodlight tag on an order confirmation page that appears when a user makes a purchase on your site. You could then use membership in the associated audience list as criteria for serving users an ad for a special offer.
Audience uses Floodlight tags to track user activities. To use audience lists, you first create Floodlight activities to add users to your lists, then create expressions that target members of the lists. Lists can be shared with other advertisers or accounts, who can also target ads to them.
Here’s the basic workflow:
- Create a Floodlight configuration. You can also set up custom Floodlight variables that will later be used for lists.
- Create Floodlight activities, then implement the tags on a page. Learn how to create web-based or mobile in-app Floodlight activities.
- Create an audience list in one of two ways:
- Base the list on an existing Floodlight activity, where users who complete that activity are added to the list.
- Build a set of custom list membership rules based on a Floodlight activity and custom Floodlight variables that you have defined.
- (Optional) Share your list with other advertisers or accounts.
- Build custom expressions to target ads to users who are members of your lists.
- View reporting data:
- Understand how many users are members of your lists and when they joined.
- Compare the performance of targeted vs. non-targeted ads.
Audience permissions are controlled at the advertiser level. Audience isn't available by default for new Campaign Manager 360 accounts; you must contact your account administrator or your support representative to have it enabled.
There are three levels of access:
- Administrator: Create, edit, share, and target to audience lists.
- User: Can only view and target to audience lists. Users cannot edit or share lists.
- View audience report: Can only view reports for existing audience lists.
- Due to differences in cookies and device ID settings, users may not be added to remarketing lists depending on application settings.