You can add anyone with an email address to your event, even if they don't have Google Calendar.
Add people to your event
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Calendar app .
- Edit or create an event you want to add people to.
- Tap Edit .
- Tap Add guests.
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to invite.
- Tap Done.
- To find when your guests are available, swipe down or tap View schedules.
- Tap Save.
When you save your event, we’ll send an email invitation to your guests.
You can only add people to events that aren’t automatically created from Gmail.
Options for inviting guests
Invite people who don't use Google Calendar
You can invite people who don't use Google Calendar to your event. Follow the steps above and invite the person using their email address.
Invite people using Google Groups
You can invite a Google Group to your event instead of inviting people one by one. Follow the steps above and add the email address for the group. Learn more about inviting groups to your event.
See who is coming to your event
When guests receive your invitation email, they can respond using the Yes, No, or Maybe links in the email.
To see who responded to your event:
- Open the Google Calendar app .
- Open the event.
- In the "Guests" section, you'll see who is attending.
Find a meeting time
If you got your Google Account through your work, school, or group, you may find guests’ schedules. Find a meeting time that works for everyone.
- Open the Google Calendar app .
- Create or edit an event.
- Add your guests.
- Tap Find a time.
- Choose a suggested time.
Compare schedules: Tap More and choose a time.
Filter meeting times: On the "Find time" page, tap Change. You can change the duration of the meeting and the timeframe when it should happen.
Editing events: You can only edit the event if you created the event yourself, or if the event organizer gave guests permission to change the event.
Forward a calendar invitation email
Important: If you forward an invitation, the recipient might be able to see updated meeting details and could change your RSVP response at any time.
If you have permission to add guests to an event, you can forward the invite to new guests by email. When new guests respond to the invite, they’ll be added to the guest list. They’ll also be able to invite others.
If you don’t want guests to be able to invite others, edit your event, tap the guests, and turn off “Guests can add others.”
Guest limit for invitations
Important: Guest lists are hidden for events with more than 50 guests.
You can invite up to 200 people to an event.
If you need to invite more people, you can invite people using Google Groups. With Groups, you can invite groups that have up to 100,000 people. Learn more about inviting groups to your event.
Invitation not received
If a guest didn't receive an invitation for your event, here are a few things you can try:
- Try removing the guest from the event and adding them again. This should resend the invitation.
- Ask the guest to check the spam folder in their email.
- Ask the guest to make sure that they didn't turn off email notifications for new events. If they use Google Calendar, ask the guest to check their email notifications while on a computer.