Invite people to your Calendar event
You can add anyone with an email address to your event, even if they don't have Google Calendar.
Add people to your event
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- Open an event to edit.
- Click Edit event .
- On the right, find the "Guests" section.
- Start typing the name of the person and choose someone from your contacts. You can also type an email address to invite people who aren't in your contacts list.
To mark a guest as optional: Next to the guest's name, click the person's icon . If you don't see the icon, hover over the guest's name.
- When you're done editing your event, click Save.
When you save your event, an email invitation will be sent to your guests.
Options for inviting guests
Invite people who don't use Google Calendar
You can invite people who don't use Google Calendar to your event. Just follow the steps above and invite the person using their email address.
Your guests will receive an email invitation. They can let you know if they are going by clicking the Yes, No, or Maybe links in the email.
Invite people using Google Groups
You can invite a Google Group to your event instead of inviting people one by one. Just follow the steps above and add the email address for the group. Learn more about inviting groups to your event.
Find a meeting time
If you got your Google Account through your work, school, or group, you may see guests’ schedules and find a meeting time that works for everyone.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Open an existing event.
- In the bottom right of the event details, click Edit event .
- Click the Find a time tab. If the other guests' calendars are shared with you, you'll see their schedules.
- Find a time. Use the arrows at the top to navigate between days.
- Once you've found a time, click the area within the calendar grid. The time will update at the top of the page.
- Click Save.
Editing events: You can only edit the event if you created the event or if the event organizer gave guests permission to change the event.
Guests in multiple time zones
If a guest is in another time zone and has shared their calendar with you, you’ll see when their meeting starts under their name at the top. Their meeting time is based on their current time zone. Learn more about a sharing calendar.
Track responses to your event
When guests receive your invitation email, they can respond using the Yes, No, or Maybe links in the email.
To see who responded to your event, just click the event on your calendar. You’ll see who’s attending, RSVP status, and details.
Guest limit for invitations
You can invite up to 200 people to an event.
If you need to invite more people, you can invite people using Google Groups. With Groups, you can invite groups that have up to 100,000 people. Learn more about inviting groups to your event.
Invitation not received
If a guest didn't receive an invitation for your event, here are a few things you can try:
- Try removing the guest from the event and adding them again. This should resend the invitation.
- Ask the guest to check the spam folder in their email.
- Ask the guest to make sure that they didn't turn off email notifications for new events. If they use Google Calendar, ask the guest to check their email notifications while on a computer.
Suggested times are wrong
Times are suggested based on a guest’s availability and work hours.
If someone’s work hours are set incorrectly, you won’t get the best suggested times.
Aaron is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.