Invite people to your Calendar event
You can add anyone with an email address to your event, even if they don't have Google Calendar.
Add people to your event
- Open Google Calendar.
- Open an event, or create a new one.
- On the right, find the Add guests section.
- Start typing the name of the person and choose a result from your contacts. You can also type an email address to invite people who aren't in your contacts list.
- When you're done editing your event, click Save.
When you save your event, an email invitation will be sent to your guests.
Options for inviting guestsInvite people who don't use Google Calendar
You can invite people who don't use Google Calendar to your event. Just follow the steps above and invite the person using their email address.
Your guests will receive an email invitation. They can let you know if they are going by clicking the Yes, No, or Maybe links in the email.
You can invite a Google Group to your event instead of inviting people one by one. Just follow the steps above and add the email address for the group. Learn more about inviting groups to your event.
If the other guests have shared their calendar with you, you can use the "Find a time" feature to schedule an event at a time that works for everyone. You can compare up to 20 schedules at one time.
Note: The "Find a time" feature is only available while using a computer, not the Google Calendar app.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Create a new event, or open an existing event (you may need to click Edit event first).
- Click the Find a time tab. If the other guests' calendars are shared with you, you'll see their schedules.
- Find a time. Use the arrows at the top to navigate between days.
- Once you've found a time, click the area within the calendar grid. The time will update at the top of the page.
- Click Save.
Note: You can only edit the event if you created the event yourself, or if the event organizer gave guests permission to modify the event.
All-day events: All-day events are shown at the top of the calendar grid. If a guest has an all-day event, they will appear available in the "Find a time" tab unless their event is set to show as "Busy." To schedule an all-day event, click the Week button and then click the area at the top of a day column.
Track responses to your event
When guests receive your invitation email, they can respond using the Yes, No, or Maybe links in the email.
To see who responded to your event:
- Click the event.
- Click Edit event.
- In the "Guests" section, you'll see your guest list organized by how your guests responded.
Troubleshoot problemsGuest limit for invitations
You can invite up to 200 people to an event.
If you need to invite more people, you can invite people using Google Groups. With Groups, you can invite groups that have up to 100,000 people. Learn more about inviting groups to your event.
If a guest didn't receive an invitation for your event, here are a few things you can try:
- Try removing the guest from the event and adding them again. This should resend the invitation.
- Ask the guest to check the spam folder in their email.
- Ask the guest to make sure that they didn't turn off email notifications for new events. If they use Google Calendar, ask the guest to check their email notifications while on a computer.
Courtney is a Calendar expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.