Use appointment slots
The appointment slots feature lets you set one period of time on your calendar, divided into available time slots for people to reserve. For instance, professors can have their students reserve time during office hours each week, or a hair salon could let anyone visiting their website schedule an appointment during business hours.
- Sign in to your Google Calendar account at https://calendar.google.com.
- Make sure that you're in Week view or any Day view, since the appointment slots can't be created when you're using any of the other Calendar views.
- Click anywhere in the calendar grid. In the event bubble that pops up, click Appointment slots.
- Indicate the details for the appointment slots using these fields:
- What: Enter a short title for the appointment slots, like "Professor Brown’s Office Hours."
- Calendar drop-down menu: Choose the calendar in which you'd like to create the appointment slots.
- Offer as a single appointment slot: Select this button if the entire time will be used for one appointment.
- Offer as slots of: Select this option if you'd like to allow multiple appointments to be scheduled during the block of time. Simply select and indicate the duration for each appointment (in minutes) in the text box to the right.
- If you're all finished, click Create slots on the bubble, or continue to the next step to add more details to your appointment slots.
- Click Edit details to open the appointment slots details page and add more information, such as a location or description, or to make the appointment block repeat. To make the appointment block recur, click the Repeat checkbox to choose your settings. Read more about repeating events.
- If other people should be present during the appointment slot, you can invite them using the Add Guests field. For instance, a professor may want their assistant to be there during office hours and could invite them using this feature.
Anyone that you add here will be invited to every individual appointment throughout the block of time, and will also receive an email each time someone reserves an appointment. To show the event to people who might reserve an appointment slot, give them the appointment page's URL that's listed at the top of the event details page.
- When you're finished, click Save.
Your appointment block will display as a single event on your calendar and the calendars of any invitees. You can distinguish the appointment block from other events by a grid symbol in the upper left corner. Once actual appointments are booked, they'll appear as regular events overlapping with the appointment block.
To let people start booking appointments, simply direct them to the appointment page. You can find the URL for it at the top of the appointment slot details page.
Visitors to this page will see a calendar showing the available appointments. They’ll also see their own calendar overlaid on the appointment page, making it easy to see what times work for them.
To book an appointment, visitors simply click one of the available appointment buttons and click Save. Visitors can also edit other fields in the popup to make changes to the title, location, and event description.
Appointments that have been booked won’t be visible to future visitors to the appointment page.
Attendees can cancel their appointment by deleting or declining the event on their own calendar, which will appear as a decline on your calendar. The appointment then becomes bookable for future visitors to the appointment page.