Important: Appointment slots and appointment schedules are different features. Work and student Calendar accounts can use both features. Business Starter accounts don’t have access to appointment schedules. Learn about appointment schedules in Google Calendar.
On your computer, you can set up a block of appointments on your calendar that other people can reserve. For example, professors can invite their students to reserve time during office hours each week.
You can offer people a block of time on your calendar that they can book time slots within. For example, you can set aside 2 hours that you're available to meet with people in 30-minute slots. People can then book one of the 30-minute slots within that time.
Features available in appointment slots
These features are available in appointment slots, but not appointment schedules:
- Add additional team members: You can’t add additional team members to your appointment schedule. With appointment schedules, you must add additional team members manually after someone books an appointment.
- Secondary or delegate calendar support: You can’t set up appointments on a secondary, team, or coworker’s calendar you manage.
- Conference room booking: You can’t pre-reserve a conference or meeting room on an appointment schedule, but you can add the room to a booked appointment.
Set up & share appointment slotsHow appointment slots relate to regular events
When you create a block of appointment slots, the block shows up as a single event on your calendar. To confirm that an event is an appointment block, at the upper left corner of the event, find the Appointment block .
When someone reserves one of your appointment slots, the reserved slot shows up as an event on their calendar and inside the larger block on your calendar.
- Using your work or school account on a computer, open Google Calendar.
- Make sure that you're in Week view or any Day view.
- Click anywhere in the calendar. In the event box that pops up, click Appointment slots.
- Enter the details, including a title, and pick the calendar where you want the event to show up.
- To add more information, like a location or description, click More options.
Tip: If you want to make the appointment block repeat, do so before you invite others to reserve a slot. When you make an existing appointment block with reserved slots repeat, the reserved slots get duplicated as new slots and double booking can occur. Learn how to make events repeat.
When you add a guest to the appointment block, the guest gets added to every appointment slot in the block and receives an email each time someone reserves an appointment. For example, a professor might add her assistant as a guest to be present during office hours.
To add guests to an appointment block, open the appointment event and click Add guests.
Tip: Don’t add people who want to reserve an individual appointment slot. Instead, send them a link to the appointments page.
After you've set up the appointment block, you can invite people to reserve a slot with a link to your appointments page.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click your appointment Go to appointment page for this calendar.
- Copy and paste the appointment page link from your browser.
- Send this link to people who want to reserve an appointment slot.
Tip: People can reserve your appointment slots with Google Calendar. If necessary, they can create a Google Account to get started.
Reserve an appointment slot
- Click the link for the appointments page. You can find the link in an email, message, or calendar event that's been shared with you.
- Click an available appointment slot Save.
Cancel an appointment slot
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click the appointment slot.
- Under “Going?” click No.
Turn appointment schedules on or off
Important: Appointment schedules aren’t available for Workspace Business Starter. Learn more about premium features for appointment schedules.
On work and school accounts, you can switch between appointment slots and appointment schedules any time. Any current slots or schedules remain active and available whether appointment schedules are on or off.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- Go to Settings General Appointment schedules.
- Select or deselect the box next to “Create appointment schedules instead of appointment slots.”