Use Google Calendar appointment slots
This feature is available only with a work or school Google Calendar account.
You can set up appointments on your calendar that people can reserve. For instance, professors can have their students reserve time during office hours each week.
Set up & share appointment slotsCreate appointment slots
- Using your work or school account on a computer, open Google Calendar.
- Make sure that you're in Week view or any Day view.
- Click anywhere in the calendar. In the event box that pops up, click Appointment slots.
- Enter the details, including a title, and pick the calendar where you want the event to show up.
- To add more information, like a location, description, or to make the appointment block repeat, click Edit details.
To add others to the appointment, open the event and click Add guests. For example, a professor might want her assistant to be there during office hours.
Note: Don’t invite people who want to reserve an individual appointment slot. Anyone that you add here will be invited to every appointment throughout the block of time, and will also get an email each time someone reserves an appointment.
After you've set up appointment slots, you can invite people to book time.
To invite people to book appointments, don't invite them to the appointment slot. Instead, get a link to send them for your appointment slots page:
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click the appointment slots event to open it.
- Copy and paste the calendar's appointment page link found at the top of the event.
- Send this link to people who want to book an appointment.
Note: People need to use Google Calendar to make a reservation. They can create a Google Account to get started.
Your appointment block will show as a single event on your calendar and the calendars of anyone you invite.
You can see that the appointment block is different from other events by the grid symbol in the upper left corner.
Make an appointment
- Visit the link for the appointment page. You may get this in an email, or in a calendar that's been shared with you. Find and click the link for the appointment page.
- On the appointment page, click an available appointment button Save.
- If you later want to cancel the appointment, delete or decline the appointment event from your calendar. Then others can book the appointment.
Aaron is a Calendar expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.