You can keep track of phone calls from your customers on Google Search and Maps with call history. To help you respond to missed calls and stay engaged with your customers, call history keeps all your calls in one place. These calls may make it easier for you to connect with customers who found your business through Google. Calls that you get via your Business Profile start with a short message that lets you know they’re from Google.
Call history in Google Business Profile is currently an experimental feature. It's available only for a select group of businesses in the US and Canada.
How call history works
When a customer uses the “Call” button on your Business Profile, the call shows on your profile's “Calls” tab. From this tab, you can find recent calls, missed calls, and more.
After your turn call history on, customers connect to you through a forwarding number, instead of the number on your profile. Learn more about the forwarding number.
Turn call history on or off
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- To manage your call history:
- On Google Search, tap Calls.
- On Google Maps, in the bottom right corner, tap Business Calls.
- Tap Menu Calls settings.
- Turn on or off call history.
On your Business Profile, customers can find your business number. When they use the “Call” button on your profile, their call is forwarded to a unique number to reach you. This number is different from the one on your profile.
The Google forwarding number varies based on the location in which it’s dialed, which includes its area code or prefix number. When possible, the forwarding number shares the same area code or prefix number as your business. Otherwise, a local number in your geographic region is used. If these numbers aren’t available, a toll-free Google forwarding number is used.
- Calls are kept for 45 days in the “Calls” tab.
- When your business uses call history on your profile, you connect with your customer through a unique forwarding number instead of your business’s direct number.
- The phone numbers that show up in call history are the customers’ direct numbers.
- You can’t turn off the automated message from Google at the beginning of customer calls. To turn off the automated message, you must turn off call history entirely.
- You can't track texts in call history. Call history only tracks phone calls. To text customers, use the Messaging feature in the Google Maps app.
- If a customer call reaches your voicemail, it is categorized as "Answered Calls" in the Calls tab.