Important: You can no longer create or edit short names. Short names and URLs that already exist will still work.
When you share your short name, customers can enter the name’s URL in the browser’s address bar to go directly to your Business Profile. For example, customers can search for
g.page/[yourcustomname]in the address bar to find your business.
Delete your short name on Google
Important: You can't create a new short name. Once you delete your existing short name, you can't create it again.
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- Select Edit profile Business information.
Tip: On your desktop, using Google Search, select Edit profile.
- Next to “Short name,” select the pencil icon .
- Select Delete Delete.
Users and business owners can flag a name for impersonation, offensive speech, fake businesses, spam, or inappropriate content issues.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Google app or in your browser, go to google.com.
- Go to the Business Profile you want to flag.
- Tap About.
- On the right, under “Sharing,” tap Menu Report.
- From the list, choose the reason for your report.
Tip: This feature isn’t available in Google Maps.