To get your hotel on Google Search and Maps, you’ll need to register for a Google My Business account.
To register for a Google My Business account, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google My Business page.
- In the top right corner, click Manage now.
- Sign in to your Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account, create one.
- Enter the name of your hotel, and click Next.
Note: If your hotel appears on Maps, it will appear in a drop down during sign up. Then, you can select your hotel from the suggestions that appear as you type. Be sure to only select the suggestion if all the information match.
- Enter the address of your hotel, and click Next. If your address doesn’t geolocate, you may also be asked to position a marker on the location of your hotel on a map.
- Under “Business category,” select a business category. Then, click Next.
Note: You can also create a more specific category if appropriate (e.g. hostel or motel).
- Enter a phone number or website URL for your hotel. Then, click Next.
Note: If you don’t have a website, you can create one using Google My Business once you've set up your account.
- To verify your connection to the hotel, click Continue.
- Select a verification option.
To manage your hotel’s business information, you must verify your hotel’s listing. Learn more about verifying your listing on Google.
To manage a listing that’s already on Maps, you must request ownership.
To rebrand your hotel, you must be eligible to rebrand your business according to the Google My Business guidelines. If your hotel has recently rebranded, you can update your business name by editing your business information.
Your business may be eligible for rebranding if:
- You make a minor name change to a hotel.
- You have multiple locations and the business name changes.
If your hotel changes business name but a location hasn’t rebranded or isn’t eligible for a rebrand, you can close the old location. Then, you can create a new listing with the new business name.