Attributes let customers know what your business has to offer, such as whether a restaurant offers outdoor seating or Wi-Fi, or if your business is Black-owned or women-led. Adding relevant, accurate attributes to your Business Profile helps you stand out to your customers who find your business on Google.
Attributes appear on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. Some attributes, like "Black-owned," "Outdoor seating," or "Women-led" can be highlighted as icons when customers find your business on mobile.
How it works
There are 2 types of attributes:
- Factual attributes, like Black-owned, outdoor seating, or women-led
- Subjective attributes, like whether your business is popular with locals
You can directly edit certain factual attributes. However, subjective attributes rely on the opinions of Google customers who’ve visited your business.
Your business category determines the attributes available for your Business Profile. For example, you might get attributes for acceptable payment types, accessibility options, or whether the business is LGBTQ-friendly. When you edit your business information in Google My Business, you're shown which attributes your business can have.
Add or edit attributes
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- From the menu, click Info.
- Find “Add Attributes” and click Edit . You can search for the attribute you want to add, or scroll through all the available options for your business.
- When you're finished updating your attributes, click Apply.
New attributes will be visible to customers who find your business on Google Search and Maps.
If you own or manage a healthcare profile, you can edit the following information in Attributes :
- Inform customers whether your business offers online care.
- Provide customers with a direct method to schedule and receive online care.
- Edit your gender information.