On Google My Business, you can set various attributes to let customers know what your business has to offer. For example, you can share whether your business has things like outdoor seating and Wi-Fi, or if it’s Black-owned or women-led. Add relevant, accurate attributes to your Business Profile to help your business stand out online.
Attributes appear on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. You can highlight some attributes, like "Black-owned," "Outdoor seating," or "Women-led" as icons when customers find your business on mobile.
If you add certain attributes to your profile, your business might show up in search results when people search for places with those attributes on Google Search and Google Maps.
How it works
There are 2 types of attributes:
- Factual attributes, like Black-owned, outdoor seating, or women-led
- Subjective attributes, like whether your business is popular with locals
You can directly edit certain factual attributes. However, subjective attributes rely on the opinions of Google customers who visit your business.
Your business category determines the attributes available for your Business Profile. For example, you might get attributes for acceptable payment types, accessibility options, or whether the business is LGBTQ-friendly. When you edit your business information in Google My Business, you’ll find which attributes your business can have.
Add an attribute to your Business Profile
Learn how to add or edit the details that help define your business and bring value to customers.
To add or edit attributes:
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- From the menu, click Info.
- Under "Highlights," find "Add attributes" and click Edit .
- Search for the attribute you want to add, or scroll through the available options for your business.
- Once you update your attributes, click Apply.
Your new attributes show up when customers find your business on Google Search and Maps.
Tip: If you own or manage a healthcare profile, you can edit the following information in Attributes :
- Inform customers whether your business offers online care.
- Provide customers with a direct method to schedule and receive online care.
- Edit your gender information.