Our content policies help ensure a positive experience for everyone using Google products. To help curb abuse so that we can continue to provide these services, we ask that everyone follow the policies below.
These policies apply to content shared on the website originally made via your Business Profile on Google. We may make exceptions if we determine that a page contains information in the public interest. Be sure to check back from time to time, as these policies may change. Google reserves the right to suspend access to the website or other Google Services to individuals or businesses that violate these guidelines.
If you believe that someone is violating the policies found below, file a policy violation.
To report copyright infringement or other legal issues, use this tool. This tool guides you through the process of reporting content that you believe should be removed from Google's services based on applicable laws.
Website program policies
Policies for appropriate content
Acceptable domain names
We reserve the right to reclaim custom URLs or remove them for any reason, and without notice.
Policies for inappropriate content
Spam, harmful software, & phishing
Please keep our products spam-free and malware-free. Spam includes, but is not limited to, unwanted promotional or commercial content and unwanted or mass solicitation. Do not use our products for phishing. Refrain from soliciting or collecting sensitive data, such as passwords, financial details, and social security numbers.
We also do not allow the transmission of malware, viruses, destructive code, or any software that may harm or interfere with the operation of the networks, servers, or other infrastructure of Google or others. Do not create sites exclusively designed to drive traffic to another web property and scrape existing content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains.
Inappropriate & offensive content
We value diversity and respect for others, and we strive to maintain those values on our platform. For this reason, the following content is not allowed on websites made from Business Profile on Google:
- Violence and hate: We do not support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Sexual orientation
- Veteran status
- Harassment: Do not publish harassing, bullying, or threatening content toward individuals or groups.
- Graphic material: Do not post extremely graphic or violent materials for the sake of disgusting others.
- Sexually explicit material: Do not publish sexually explicit or pornographic images or videos. Adult content is permitted as long as it is not accompanied by sexually explicit images or videos, or any material that promotes or depicts unlawful or inappropriate sexual acts with children or animals. We do allow naturalistic and documentary depictions of nudity (such as an image of a breastfeeding infant), as well as depictions of nudity that serve a clear educational, scientific, or artistic purpose.
Do not upload or share content that exploits or abuses children. This includes all child sexual abuse imagery (even cartoon images) and all content that presents children in a sexual manner. This means that you cannot use our services to create, possess, or distribute child sexual abuse imagery, and you cannot use our services to create, for example, a gallery of children's pictures with sexually explicit commentary.
We will remove such content and take appropriate action, which may include disabling accounts and reporting to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement.
If you find any content that you think exploits children, do not comment on such content, even if you intend to bring it to Google's attention. Instead, flag the content through the "Report a problem" link. If you find content elsewhere on the internet, please contact NCMEC directly.
Personal & confidential information
Contact Forms are online forms connected to Google Business Profile. They provide a flexible platform for the first interaction between a customer and merchant. Customers can use Contact Forms to ask for a quote or for more information on the services a business offers. To ensure the best experience, Contact Forms users must follow the guidelines below.
Policies for merchants
Data collection & use
Respect and handle information provided by customers with appropriate care.
- Any use of customer data must be relevant to the services your business provides. Do not misuse this information, or collect it for undisclosed purposes or without appropriate security measures.
- You may not expose customer data to other users or third parties without explicit consent from the customer providing the data.
- Do not impersonate an organization or individual when requesting information through the platform.
- Do not solicit private and confidential information, including passwords, financial details, and social security numbers.
Merchants using Contact Forms must obey all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Policies for customers
Do not provide financial or other sensitive information outside of the information requested on the form, namely your name, phone number, and email address.
Policies for both merchants & customers
Spam and malware
Google does not allow the transmission of malware, viruses, destructive code, or anything that may harm or interfere with the operation of the networks, servers, or other infrastructure of Google or others.
Do not send unsolicited mass mailings using Contact Forms. Customers will be contacted only in reference to the submitted request or to other services related to the business. For example, do not send commercial spam or communication about other unrelated services.
Communication between merchants and customers should focus on the business and services offered, avoiding:
- Content that promotes or condones hatred or violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity
- Harassing, bullying, or threatening content towards individuals or groups
- Graphic or violent materials for the sake of disgusting others
- Sexually explicit or pornographic images or videos
- Content that exploits or abuses children
Keep it legal. Do not use our service to engage in illegal activities or promote dangerous and illegal acts. If we are notified of unlawful activities, we'll take appropriate action. This may include removing access to some of our products or to your Google Account, or reporting you to the relevant authorities.