Important: The creation of websites with Google Business Profile is no longer supported. Existing websites made with Google Business Profiles will be turned off in March 2024. When your customers click your website, they will be redirected to your Business Profile and the redirect will work until June 10, 2024. Learn more about the websites made with Google Business Profiles being turned off.
Our content policies help ensure a positive experience for everyone using Google products. To help curb abuse so that we can continue to provide these services, we ask that everyone follow the policies below.
These policies apply to content shared on the website originally made via your Business Profile on Google. We may make exceptions if we determine that a page contains information in the public interest. Be sure to check back from time to time, as these policies may change. Google reserves the right to suspend access to the website or other Google Services to individuals or businesses that violate these guidelines.
If you believe that someone is violating the policies found below, file a policy violation.
To report copyright infringement or other legal issues, use this tool. This tool guides you through the process of reporting content that you believe should be removed from Google's services based on applicable laws.
Website program policies
All content on websites made via your Business Profile on Google should abide by our prohibited and restricted content policies.
Acceptable domain names
We reserve the right to reclaim custom URLs or remove them for any reason, and without notice.
Contact Forms are online forms connected to Google Business Profile. They provide a flexible platform for the first interaction between a customer and merchant. Customers can use Contact Forms to ask for a quote or for more information on the services a business offers. To ensure the best experience, Contact Forms users must also follow the guidelines below.
Data collection & use
Respect and handle information provided by customers with appropriate care.
- Any use of customer data must be relevant to the services your business provides. Do not misuse this information, or collect it for undisclosed purposes or without appropriate security measures.
- You may not expose customer data to other users or third parties without explicit consent from the customer providing the data.
- Do not impersonate an organization or individual when requesting information through the platform.
- Do not solicit private and confidential information, including passwords, financial details, and social security numbers.
Merchants using Contact Forms must obey all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Policies for customers
Do not provide financial or other sensitive information outside of the information requested on the form, namely your name, phone number, and email address.
Policies for both merchants & customers
Spam and malware
Google does not allow the transmission of malware, viruses, destructive code, or anything that may harm or interfere with the operation of the networks, servers, or other infrastructure of Google or others.
Do not send unsolicited mass mailings using Contact Forms. Customers will be contacted only in reference to the submitted request or to other services related to the business. For example, do not send commercial spam or communication about other unrelated services.
Communication between merchants and customers should focus on the business and services offered, avoiding:
- Content that promotes or condones hatred or violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity
- Harassing, bullying, or threatening content towards individuals or groups
- Graphic or violent materials for the sake of disgusting others
- Sexually explicit or pornographic images or videos
- Content that exploits or abuses children
Keep it legal. Do not use our service to engage in illegal activities or promote dangerous and illegal acts. If we are notified of unlawful activities, we'll take appropriate action. This may include removing access to some of our products or to your Google Account, or reporting you to the relevant authorities.