Posts content policy
Google My Business posts enable merchants to directly communicate relevant and timely information to our users. We’ve written these policies to help make sure published content - text, photos, and videos - creates a positive experience for users.
Google My Business merchants are responsible for making sure that their posted content complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
We also occasionally modify these policies, so please check back here for any updates.
Published content should be relevant to the business that the author's posting on behalf of and help users better understand the business. Content that's irrelevant to the business or has no clear association with the business isn't allowed. Refer to our overall guidelines for representing your business on Google.
Content published on this service should not be misleading to users. It should be upfront and honest about the information being presented.
Examples of such content that is not allowed includes:
- Misspellings, gimmicky character use, gibberish, or automated or distracting content (such as blurry or poor image/video quality or unrecognizable content)
- Images, videos, or links that negatively distract user attention
- Links to malware, viruses, or other harmful software
- Links to sites irrelevant to the business
- Phishing scams
This service does not allow:
- Harassing, bullying, or hateful content. Published content cannot promote hatred or incited violence against individuals or groups based on ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Text, images, videos, or links cannot include slurs or derogatory epithets for protected groups. Content cannot be used to harass or bully individuals, including direct physical threats or exposing private information that could be used to carry out implied threats.
- Content that contains obscene, profane, or offensive language or gestures.
- Content that promotes or encourages violence, or that graphically depicts injuries, abuse of humans or animals, or violent acts. Additionally, content that's likely to shock or disgust is not permitted.
- Sexually suggestive or sexually explicit content. Images or video published on this service shouldn't include nudity or sex acts. Content cannot include profanity, slang terms that are sexually graphic and offensive, terms that are common signals for pedophilia, content that promotes pedophilia, bestiality, sexual violence, or content that promotes escort services or other services that may be interpreted as providing sexual acts in exchange for compensation. Links to adult content are not permitted.
- Terrorist content. We do not permit terrorist organizations to use this service for any purpose, including recruitment. We also strictly prohibit content related to terrorism, such as content that promotes terrorist acts, incites violence, or celebrates terrorist attacks. If posting content related to terrorism for an educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic purpose, be mindful to provide enough information so viewers understand the context.
The privacy of our users is of utmost importance to Google. While we welcome you to contribute content that illustrates your world, it's critical that you do so in a manner that respects the privacy preferences of others.
Guidelines for photos and videos
- You should not publish photos or videos taken from no-photo zones. Photos and videos from private or publicly inaccessible locations should not be published without the owner's consent.
- Be a good neighbor and do not publish photos or videos in which people are identifiable without their permission. This is particularly important in sensitive locations where people may object to publishing their image.
- Only incidental depiction of regulated goods is allowed.
- Allowed content (incidental depiction): Video depicting your restaurant with customers in the background drinking a glass of wine
- Not allowed content: Video entirely dedicated to alcoholic beverages (alcohol as main focus of the video)
You can report privacy-related claims, other than the points listed in this section, using the Copyright or other legal issues tab on the "Report a problem" feature.
Do not upload or share content that exploits or abuses children. This includes all child sexual abuse imagery (even cartoon images) and all content that presents children in a sexual manner. We'll remove such content and take appropriate action, which may include disabling accounts and reporting to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement.
Do not impersonate an organization or individual. Do not make false statements about your identity or qualifications, such as falsely claiming to be an authorized representative of a company. Refer to our overall guidelines on representing your business on Google.
Do not provide inaccurate depiction of information that omits or obfuscates how the user will be billed or charged.
Products submitted via Product Editor must adhere to Posts Content Policy. We do not allow content related to regulated products and services, including alcohol, tobacco products, gambling, financial services, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, or health/medical devices.
Content related to the sale of dangerous and illegal products, services, or activities that cause damage, harm, or injury is not permitted. Examples include recreational drugs, weapons, fireworks and instructions for making explosives, and detailed instructions for or that otherwise encourage criminal activity that would lead to real-world harm.